I can not take the time to write about global issues without taking time to reflect on all of the beauty our world gives us as a gift. I think it is because our world has so much beauty to share that I feel so passionate every person get the chance to see, hear, feel and taste it. The beauty of our world has given me compassion for those who are victims of global issues and gives me hope that they will also discover the gift.
This weekend I took sometime to embrace…me.
What did I do?
1. A flash mob
2. broke a world record
3. Drank out of a fresh young coconut on a 100 degree day in the city
4. Went to bed at 8:30 on a Saturday
5. Beat the heat by going for a jog down a shaded path and jumping into the river
6. Meditated on a rock in the middle of the river listening closely to the sounds the river made as it rushed by
6. Chopped the shit out of the coconut I drank and ate the coconut meat with a spoon
Whatever it is that brings you to calmness and happiness with yourself is something you should do everyday. Be sure to embrace your independence and spend a weekend now and then completely on your own, making your own decisions and listening to yourself. And most importantly- sit in silence with yourself…meditate.